15.1.09

3. Broken clocks...



I've always had this habit of attaching certain songs or certain bands to specific people or memories. Unfortunately, I find it also leaves me being unable to listen to said music due to a negative attachment. This happens to me all the time, but most recently with the band Architects. This Brighton five-piece have recently been brought to my attention and I've fallen completely in love with their music. I'm even going to Liverpool to see them live tomorrow... which I can't be more stoked about! Nonetheless, I can't help but get a certain pang in my heart every time I hear their songs, because of the person who introduced me to them. I've tried my hardest to make this band my own to a certain extent, but in the back of my mind I wonder if I'm just trying to impress someone. It's a weird sensation really. However, I can't be the only one who has music "ruined" for them by bad memories. I mean, that's what music is for... to identify with, to relate to your own life. At the end of the day however, I listen to Architects because I think they're sweet. Their songs are amazing, and I think everyone needs to check 'em out. Their third album Hollow Crown comes out on the 26th of this month, despite it having been leaked on the Internet already. I suggest you have a listen on their MySpace and if you're digging it then go out and support independent music and buy their record. These guys are gonna be big, I can feel it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment